It was one of my goals to post regularly on my progress but as you know life happens. I initially kept a food journal but that lasted for a week.
Here is my sugar story.
I love sugar and it is my biggest weakness. I didn’t have a problem giving up dairy products or red meat. I don’t eat a lot of sugar; meaning I don’t typically eat items like cake, chocolate candy, ice cream, etc, however, I love white chocolate macademia nut cookies and a few months ago, I had a weakness for Nothing Bundt Cakes.
One day, I noticed I was consuming too much sugar and was becoming inflammed. I regularly check my pH level to determine whether my body is too acidic. Eating sugar especially refined sugar causes inflammation and acid. With a history of acid reflux, I need to mindful of my acid levels.
This is when I decided to partake in a 21-Day Sugar Detox. I did it and I found that after I finished my detox, I did not want sugar.
This excerpt below is taken from Day 19 of my 21-Day Sugar Detox post on my Facebook page.
20 Ways Sugar Can Affect Your Health
1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.
2. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
3. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
4. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
5. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
6. Sugar contributes to obesity.
7. Sugar can cause arthritis.
8. Sugar can cause heart disease and emphysema.
9. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis
10. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
11. Sugar can lead to both prostate and ovarian cancers.
12. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
13. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
14 Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
15. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
16. Sugar can increase the body’s fluid retention.
17. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
18. Sugar can cause depression.
19. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
20. Sugar is more addicting the cocaine.
If you would like more information on how you can reduce your sugar cravings and have more energy, or you would like to join my next 21-Day Sugar Detox, contact me.